discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Feeding Forum

Page [ 1 ] |
Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo
 08-09-2017, 19:34 Post: 73135
deniser

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster
 Italian tractors

We're looking at tractors for our small farm. Our contenders are a 1961 MB Unimog (former Swiss army general implement carrier with PTO's hydraulics, etc, etc) and new Ferrari and Antonio Carraro tractors. We need 25-45 HP. The Italian tractors seem to be the best fit for us since we need an extremely tight turning radius and 4wd stability on slopes. We plan on using a spader as well as the usual mowers and front loaders, backhoe, etc. Anyone have any experiences with AC or Ferrari tractors? Anyone have any references we can use to calculate soil compaction differences in a 4500lb vs 2000lb vehicle?

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 08-10-2017, 00:29 Post: 73145
drcjv.

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Italian tractors

Wow! Ferrari makes a tractor. You need an Enzo to keep the tractor company. Good luck in your hunt.

08-10-2017, 05:23 Post: 73148
Murf

Filter by User
 Italian tractors

You are looking at three very good machines, no doubt. The one observation I would make though is that the Unimog is in a class by itself, it is capable of things like road travel that tractors only dream of.

I have no personal experience with the AC but have heard from friends in a wine producing region near here that they are good machines.

The Ferrari is an excellent unit, they are popular along with Same's and the Landini's among Italian-Canadian truck farmers and thoise with large personal gardens.

My best advice would be to find and talk to a few owners and find the best DEALER in your area, that is the key to success.

As for the issue of soil compaction, that is NOT so much an issue of total weight of the vehicle, it is a result of the pounds per square inch transmitted to the ground. In other words a 4,000 pound tractor will apply the same weight to the ground as a 2,000 pound tractor with a half as much tire contacting the ground.

Best of luck.

08-10-2017, 10:18 Post: 73256
grinder

Italian tractors

Parts and repairs!!

08-10-2017, 15:12 Post: 73259
Murf

Filter by User
 Italian tractors

Anywhere there is much in the way of orchards, vineyards or both there is surely more than just a few Italian tractors and the dealers that sell and service them.

The Italians created this category of machine and are probably second only to the Japanese in terms of quality and experience.

They have models and features that just don't exist anywhere else to speak of. Things like 65 hp Agricultural tractors on steel tracks, complete with 3pth & PTO, talk about a bush machine at home on tough terrain!!

Best of luck.

08-16-2017, 08:37 Post: 74672
1forza

Italian tractors

You motivated me to register! I own a Ferrari Raptor 30 and love it...just wanted to extend the invitation for you to reach out if I can give you any info. I bought from Eugene Canales in Gridley CA. I am in CT and had not one problem with Mr. Canales (Ferrari CIE). In fact, this was the most pleasant transactions that I have ever made. The tractor is on the small side of the compact market and this factor has translated into a HUGE benefit for me and my application (low trees, tight spots, residential areas, limited storage,etc). It has plenty of grunt and easily out drags, lifts, and performs most of my friends larger, heavier machines. This is one siuation where bigger aint necessarily better! I consider the machine an excellent value in this price point. I have worked with and on several larger tractors(JD, New Holland, Kubota)that left me looking for more. I have been using the Ferrari tractor for hauling logs, clearing brush, grading top soil, moving spreading mulch, turning compost, aerating, mowing, tilling loading debris in my F350 stakeside dump, pushing snow, etc. A few quick observations. The tractor is really only limited by its shear weight. It seems that it could lift double what it can if the tractor had more weight...but that's a trade off in other considerations of turf care that I am into. The bucket (Bonnatti) is overbuilt and rigged. Compare the 3 point hitch and note the materials used in the link arms, these are heavy duty...excellent lift (rated at 700 kg but I can tell you it easily lifts enough to get me in trouble). Excellent Lombardini motor...tourque at low rpms, excellent fuel efficiency. I could go on. Give Canales a call...he's a gentleman and a guy that stands behind what he sells. The issue of Italian products is always clouded by reliability and availability of parts. This thing is a work of art and functionality. Canales is in CA and Lombardini is in GA. Canales overnighted me a PTO shroud because I bunged it up and couldn't stand looking at it...fast and easy. If I can be of any assistance..please do not hesitate to email me. Regards, MCat

08-16-2017, 13:31 Post: 74924
TomBaldwin

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
 Italian tractors

Deniser, definitely consider Antonio Carraro. While I have not used one, I have talked to their people and seen them at trade shows and am impressed. They have doubled their sales in 2003 vs. 2002 in the US and have opened new dealers in California, Washington and Oregon. They say their spare parts division supplies parts within one working day to any part of the US. They are very popular in California since their super low profile works well with the collection of grapes in the wine country.

While my JD 755 has met all my needs and then some, I am holding out hope that one day I can own one of these fine machines.

Tom

08-20-2017, 00:57 Post: 76480
Peters

Italian tractors

You might also look at the McCormick as the compacts are likely rebadged Landini. I was impressed with the specs also.
The powertrac publishes the best numbers for slopes on the NA machines.

09-03-2017, 03:34 Post: 82531
oneace

Italian tractors

just to let you know there is not a manufatuer out there that has a tighter turning radius than a new holland with super steer

09-03-2017, 08:28 Post: 82570
Steven Harris
2017-09-03
 Italian tractors

I have a Ferrari 95 from the mid 1980s. Mine is the articulated model with about 30 HP.

These are great tractors, you'd be amazed at the power that these tractors can deliver to the ground. Dual power take off is very cool.

My machine has a front loader (not Ferrari) that works OK, but these machines are not really suited to a loader, unless you are just lifting light bulkly items. Trying to do serious front loader work causes two problems; first the bucket places a huge load on the articulation bearings and second, the wheel base is very short requiring lots of counterweight on the back. That makes more stress/wear on the articulation joint bearings. I'm in the process of replacing those bearings on my tractor, it's not a hard thing to do, nor is it very expensive, but it is one more thing on the ever-growing list of "to dos".

Link:   Click Here 

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page [ 1 ] |

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > Feeding Forum

Thread 73135 Filter by Poster:
1forza 1 | deniser 1 | drcjv. 1 | grinder 1 | Murf 2 | oneace 1 | Peters 1 | Steven Harris 1 | TomBaldwin 1 |

(advanced search)

Unanswered Questions

Gas Generator Weather Protecti
Horse Injured Polyrope Electri
Do electric fences keep out de
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
gas powered post driver
My new born foal is really sic
Trailer Axle
dump trailer blueprints

Active Subjects

Went to see Dennis Reis this w
Signs to look for prior to lab
leg injury
Broodmare has welts all over h
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
poles in the ground vs. concre
ever thought about moving?

Hot Topics

new app owner
Some Christmas Humor For Horse
Any Peruvian Paso Owners Out T
Heating a Garage
Do electric fences keep out de
gas powered post driver
Trailer Axle

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ ever thought about moving?
+ Do you lend your tractor?
+ Do electric fences keep out deer?
+ Thought this would be the place to ask.........
+ Clover over septic field. Good? Bad? Ugly?
+ Some Christmas Humor For Horse and Bud Lite Lovers
+ TRACTOR TAX WRITE/OFF
+ $$ returns per acre?
+ Side-Hill Operaion
+ What to do with Horse manure pile?

Most Discussion

+ ever thought about moving?
+ TRACTOR TAX WRITE/OFF
+ Side-Hill Operaion
+ Clover over septic field. Good
+ re: homeowner insurance
+ Do you lend your tractor?
+ DUMP TRAILERS HAULING YOU TRAC
+ Who are the Top 10 CUT Manufac
+ Thought this would be the plac
+ Research Participants Needed i

Newest Topics

+ Some Christmas Humor For Horse and Bud Lite Lovers
+ Feed Rebate for Triple Crown products?
+ Hay Prices and Preferences
+ More Pond Questions
+ Maintaining a horse pasture
+ Yard hydrant adjustment question
+ deer feed plot planting
+ Horse Pasture Rent
+ TV program for us hobby guys
+ Do electric fences keep out deer?

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines